Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is dedicated to Lord Shiva known as “the transformer” within the Trimurti. As per the ancient Hindu Mythology, Lord Shiva & his wife Parvati sits in a state of perpetual meditation on holy Mount Kailash. Mount Kailash is surrounded by two holy lakes – Lake Rakshastal at one side and Lake Manasarovar at the other.
Hindus also believe Mt. Kailash to be the abode of Lord Shiva, the holy centre of the earth and the manifestation of heaven itself. Buddhists profess that Kailash is the home of the Buddha Demchok who symbolizes supreme harmony. Holy Mansarovar lake is one of the important pilgrimages for Hindus and Buddhists. It attracts thousands of tourists and religious people towards itself every year from various parts of the world, but mainly from India, Tibet and its neighboring countries. Also read the myths and legends related to Mount Kailash.
Manasarovar Lake Yatra 2017 by Helicopter
The holy Lake Manasarovar is a freshwater lake in the Tibet Region. The Mansarovar lake is about 940 kilometers from Lhasa. Name of the Mansarovar Lake is combination of two words – Mana (mind) and Sarovar (lake). According to ancient Hindy Mythology the lake was first created in the mind of Lord Brahma before it actually got manifested on Earth.
Mount Kailash Yatra 2017 by Helicopter
Further in accordance to Hindu Mythology, Lord Shiva practices Yoga at Mount Kailash with various yogic austerities, joy and love with his divine consort Parbati (Mother of Mythology). The Lake Mansarovar and the holy Mount Kailash are therefore not only the biggest pilgrimage yatra site amongst Lord Shiva followers but also is the SOUL of all AUM followers across the globe.
As per the belief amongst thousands of pilgrims that single circuit of Mt. Kailash attains the state of nirvana. Moreover, ritual bath in the holy Mansarovar Lake ensures pilgrim to Brahma’s blessings and a drop drink of its water forgo the sins of hundreds of lifetimes.
Gochoppers Offering Best Mount Kailash Manasarovar Darshan Yatra 2017 by Helicopter
Have a dip in the holy Mansarover Lake, experience the darshan & parikrama of Mount Kailash to achieve the state of utmost Nirvana. ALL of these and lot more, which includes the most amazing view of mountain range during your journey this year at the adobe of Lord Shiva – by Helicopter.
Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2017 Schedule
|Heli Ex Kathmandu: Departure Date 2017|
|May: 06*, 12, 18, 24, 30||June: 05*, 11, 17, 23, 29,||Sept: 02*, 08, 14, 20,26,|
|July: 05*, 11, 17, 23, 29||Aug: 03*, 09, 15, 21, 27|
|Full Moon Dates, Kailash/Manasarovar 2017:|
|May 06*, June 05*, July 05*, Aug 03* Sept 02*|
|Heli Ex Nepalgunj: Departure Date 2017|
|May: 07*, 13, 19, 25, 31||June: 06*, 12, 18, 24, 30,||Sept: 03*, 09, 15, 19, 27,|
|July: 06*, 12, 18, 24, 30||Aug: 04*, 10, 16, 22, 28|
Individual Pax joining the above Fixed Departures: TOUR COST PER PAX
|PRICE OF THE PACKAGE||
|SERVICES INCLUDED IN ABOVE TOUR COST||
|SERVICES EXCLUDE IN ABOVE TOUR COST||
|BOOKING AND PAYMENTS||
Fitness Required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2017
Pilgrimage tour of Kailash Mansarovar does not require an expedition level of fitness. Being, a pilgrimage tour any devotee could join the Kailash Mansarovar Yatra who consider itself fit with strong willpower.
People suffering from heart related issues like abnormal blood pressure or respiratory problems should consult to their respective physician. As per your health condition, do not forget to pack your bags with all essential and required medicines.
Clothings Required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2017:
Due to huge temperature variation at hill between day and nights, special winter clothing is required for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. GoChoppers suggests you to carry the following items with you:
Woolen gloves, Sun hat, Thermal wear, Water bottle, Woolen socks, Towel, Light Jacket, Sunglasses, Sun cream, Torch with extra batteries/bulbs, Muffler, Mask, Raincoat, Sweater, Shirt/T-shirt & Trekking shoes.
Travel Insurance For Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter
Full travel insurance coverage for medicine, Helicopter evacuation if in case of emergency, lost of belongs, and trip cancellation is strongly recommended.
Trip Booking For Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter
Minimum 30 days advance booking is required to arrange visa approval and Travel permit issue. We need 50% advance of tour payment by bank while booking trip.
Chinese Visa Application For Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter
10 days before departure date, original passport and 2 pp sizes photo should reach our office in Delhi.
Yatri above 70 yrs may get visa rejected by the Chinese Authority. We shall try our best.
FAQs Kailash Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter
- We require the scan copy of your passport (soft copy) to apply for Tibet Travel Permit. Tibet Travel Permit is compulsory by Chinese Government. We organise Tibet permit approximately 1 month prior to the departure date. Once permit is obtained we need your original passport for Group Visa processing.
- The applicable Chinese Visa for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra is paper based group Visa.
- Indian Passport Holders are required to send passport in original for processing of Visa.
- Foreign Passport Holders: can however send color copies of passport by e-mail for Visa processing. In both cases group paper visa is obtained.
- Original passports shall be returned immediately after procuring the group Chinese Visa.
Inner parikrama is circulation or parikrama of Nandi Parvat. Helicopter or chopper is not available for inner parikrama due to geological and safety restrictions. Inner parikrama is difficult, challenging and is not recommended for people with fitness or health related issues. Inner parikrama is also not recommended for anyone over and above 60 years of age.
Outer Parikrama or Kailash Parikrama by Helicopter
Outer parikrama is circulation or parikrama of Kailash Parvat. Helicopter or chopper service for outer parikrama is inclusive in the package.
Outer Parikrama or Kailash Parikrama by Foot or Horse
Parikrama of Kailash parvat could be done by foot or by hiring horse along with horse man for 3 days. Kailash parikrama by Horse costs ranges from 15000 to 20000 Rs. which depends upon the season and availability. The package for Kailash Mansarovar yatra does not include the cost of horse with horse man. Even after hiring horse ride, you still might need to cover some of the distance by foot only.
- There is an indicative age restriction of 70 years for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. People at the age of till 75 years could also apply – provided they are exceptionally healthy and fit. There is no guarantee on issuance of visa permit for people in their 70s or above.
- Even though medical certificate is not required for Kailash mansarovar yatra, Gochoppers recommends to get a medical checkup done before you actually plan your journey.
You must carry your warm clothes for the journey. High necks and trekking shoes are highly recommended. Sun glasses and sun screens are specially recommended. You can also carry warm jackets and warm inner wears etc.
Should you buy Down Jacket
- During the chilling weather conditions, nothing beats the down jacket for its insulating properties. A down jacket is a jacket which has been insulated with the soft and warm under feathers from duck or geese. Down is a fantastic insulator as the loft (or fluffiness) of down creates thousands of tiny air pockets which trap warm air and retain heat, thus keeping the wearer very warm.
- You need not buy down jacket for your journey to kailash mansarovar as you can hire the same in Kathmandu at a price range of 500 to 800 Rs.
It is recommended that you carry all your crucial medicines along with. Traveller with back pain or neck pain issues must carry their pain killers. Traveller with heart complications, asthma or diabetes related issues should double check their medicines before they leave.
Currency required during Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
In Tibet Indian Rupees are not accepted and we will arrange to exchange INR to Chinese Yuan. Chinese Yuan is accepted in Tibet.
Illegal: 500 and 1000 notes from India is illegal to bring to Nepal.
Note: Extra charges of Hotels, in case of flight cancellations due to Weather problems must be borne by the clients.
Best Package Itinerary for Mount Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2017 by Helicopter
- Arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu (1350m), our representative from will be there with your name card. Transfer to Hotel. Evening briefing about Kailash and our country Nepal.
Day 2: Fly to Nepalgunj (150m/492ft)
- Morning visit Pashupatinath Temple. This temple is famous and a sacred Hindu Temple. It is located on the banks of the Bagmati River. Pashupatinath temple is recognized by “UNESCO” world heritage site, listed in 1979. After darshan, we drive back to hotel and Yatra preparation. Afternoon we departure to domestic Airport and fly to Nepalgunj by Yeti / Buddha Airlines. This flight will be take 55minutes to reach. Transfer to hotel.
Nepalgunj temperature is “HOT”.
Day 3: Fly to “Simikot” which lies in the Humla Region (2950m/9676ft)
- We take an early morning flight to Simikot by Tara / Sita Airlines. The flight will take 55minutes. A representative from our office will be there to meet and transfer to Sun Valley Resort / Similar hotel. Simikot is located in a mountainous region, most people here are Buddhist. Rest day for acclimatization. After lunch you can visit Shiva Mandir (walking).
Day 4: Fly to Hilsa by Helicopter and Drive to Purang (3800m/ 12464ft)
- We fly to Hilsa by helicopter. This flight is of 20 minutes. Once you land at Hilsa walk over the Karnali River. Upon crossing one enters the “Kailash” Region. Immigration takes place on the China / Tibet side. Drive to Purang by bus. Purang is small town with beautiful landscape. Evening you can walk around the market and buy some trekking equipment if required.
Day 5: Drive to Holy Lake Manasarovar(4590m/15060ft)
- Today we drive to Lake Manasarovar by bus. It will take
2 hours to reach (55km). On the way, you will pass the Rakshas Taal. Here we will take a short break and continue driving to Lake Manasarover. Afternoon we start the “Parikrama of Mansarovar” – 105km and Holy Bath, Puja etc.
Day 6: Drive to Darchen (Kailash Base Camp) (4575m/15010ft)
- Today we drive to Kailash Base Camp known as Darchen. it is just a 45minutes to. Darchen is a small town like Purang. It is located in the base of Holy Mount Kailash and is the starting point for pilgrimage. Evening one can walk around the small town.
Day 7: Drive to Yama Dwar and Trek to Diraphuk (4920m/16137ft)
- Early morning after breakfast, drive to Yama Dwar (15km). Yama Dwar is the gateway to starting point of the Parikrama. From here we can see the Mt. Kailash East/South face (as shown in the above picture). From here the group will divided into two. Parikrama group and non-Parikrama group. Parikrama group will start their onward journey by foot. Non parikrama pilgrims will drive back to Darchen. Trekking will take around 5-6 hours to reach Deraphuk. The trail is not so difficult. One could find it challenging due to the high elevation. While proceeding one gets excellent view of Mt. Kailash.
Day 8: Trek to Zuthulphuk / Dolma La Pass (4780m/15442ft)
- Very early morning wakeup call by the Sherpa Team. After breakfast start up hill trekking to Dorlma La pass (5560m/18236ft). This pass is the highest pass and uphill trekking. After Dolma La pass, we decend to the next valley Zuthulphuk. The holiest Lake Guri Kund is situated beyond the Dolma La pass. Hindu followers believe that, Lord Shiva consortium Parvati used to take bath in this lake. Hence the name Gauri Kund. Trekking Zuthulphuk, could take anything between 10 to 12 hours covering 20 to 22km which has to be covered in a day.
Day 9: Trek to Zhongdo and drive to Purand / Hilsa (3800m/12464ft)
- Early morning we start our trek to Zhongdo. Today trekking is quite easy and flat, after 3 hours, we reach Zhongdo and the Coach will pick us up and drive to Purang / Hilsa depending on the circumstances.
Day 10: Fly to Simikot – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
- early morning we get ready to fly by helicopter to Simikot. Flight will take 20 minutes to reach Simikot and continue fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
- Today is the final day of this Kailash tour. we drop you to airport for final departure, according to your flight schedule. And fly back to sweet home.
Note: Itinerary are subject to change due to unavaidable circumstances and the extra cost occurred has to be paid by the clients.